Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 2 in D Major, K. 211
G. Henle Verlag - HN705
- Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Editor: Wolf-Dieter Seiffert
- Fingering: Kurt Guntner
- Piano reduction: Siegfried Petrenz
- Cadenzas: Kurt Guntner
- Instrumentation: Violin, Piano Reduction
- ISMN: 979-020180705-8
- Size: 9.3 x 12.2 inches
- Pages: 42
- Urtext / Critical Edition
The "little" D-Major Violin Concerto has no need to hide behind its "big sister," K. 218. Not only does it challenge the player's technique, it's a masterpiece of the first order. Henle's edition stands out for the textual fidelity of its solo part and its easy-to-play but sonorous piano reduction.
This edition includes both fingered and non-fingered versions.