Silent Woods (Czech: Klid) is the translated title of the composition by Antonín Dvořák initially published under the German title Waldesruhe. It is the fifth part of the cycle for piano four-hands, Ze Šumavy (From the Bohemian Forest), Op. 68 / B. 133, composed in 1883. The work is also transcribed by the composer for cello and piano (B. 173) and for cello and orchestra (B. 182).
The original piano cycle, Op. 68 was composed in 1883 on demand of Fritz Simrock. As it was popular in the late nineteenth century to make arrangements of popular works for other instruments, Dvořák made an arrangement for cello and piano of the fifth piece, for a farewell concert tour he gave with violinist Ferdinand Lachner and cellist Hanuš Wihan in the first months of 1892 before embarking for the New World.