Bach: The Most Beautiful Oboe Solos from the Church Cantatas, BWV 12, 21, 76, 156, 249
Bärenreiter - BA8153
- Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
- Editor: Mark Biggam
- Instrumentation: Piano, Oboe
- Format: Set of Parts
- ISMN: 979-000648899-5
- Size: 9.1 x 11.8 inches
- Pages: 23
The numerous orchestral passages from Bach's cantatas in which the oboe obligato is prominent, show how well Bach composed for the oboe. in order to make it possible for individual oboists to play these passages with keyboard accompaniment, this edition reproduces the respective passages in piano reduction.
The movement from BWV 76, which was composed for oboe d'amore, is printed in its original form as well as in version for oboe and therefore does justice to both instruments.
All movements can be presented as complete performance pieces in the classroom, for concerts, and church.
- Contains the following pieces:
- Sinfonia from Cantata 156: "Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"
- Cantata 12: "Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen"
- Cantata 21: "Ich hatte viel Bekümmernis"
- Easter Oratorio (Oster-Oratorium), BWV 249
- Cantata 76: "Die Himmel erzählen die Ehre Gottes"